11.16.2015

Chris Wheeler Takes the 22 3.0 to yet Another TQ and Win!

This past weekend was the 30th annual Arizona State Championships hosted by Hobbytown USA/ SRS Raceway. TLR was well represented in all the major classes with myself and teammate Josh Bend in attendance. I would compete in 17.5 Expert Buggy,2wd Modified Buggy, and Modified SC. Josh would compete in 2wd Modified Buggy, 4wd Modified Buggy and Modified Truck.

17.5 Expert Buggy-
With 3 rounds of qualifying using your single fastest round to position you in the main I was able to put my TLR 22 3.0 in the TQ spot for the Triple A-mains and taking the win in A1 and A2 I was able to secure the overall victory

2wd Modified Buggy- After Qualifying I would start 4th on the grid with my TLR 22 3.0 and Josh would line up 8th with his 22 2.0, After some very rough Triple A-mains I was able to secure the 4th spot overall with Josh in the 7th spot.

4wd Modified Buggy- Josh would start 2nd on the grid for the for the extended 6-minute single main and would hold on to maintain a 2nd place finish overall.

Modified SC- I would start 2nd on the grid for the 8-minute single A-Main and after grabbing the lead spot early on I would maintain it and take the win.

Modified Truck- Josh would start 3rd  on the grid and while running 2nd unfortunately tangled with a car on the straight causing him to retire early.

Chris Wheeler