11.16.2015

Tyler Jones TQ’s and Wins with the 22 3.0!

I attended the second round of the OHKY Series. This round was at SRI and drew in 179 entries for the one day race with some of best regional racers and a TLR factory driver JP Richards. I chose to run the two biggest 2wd mod classes which included 2wd mod buggy and mod ST. This was my second race with the TLR 22 3.0 2wd buggy. This was my second weekend with the car and I was looking forward to running it again. The 2wd buggy class was the biggest for the day, going down to a D main. Mod ST would go down to a C main.

 Qualifying came and my TLR 22 3.0 was flying. My Spektrum radio equipment kept my lines tight and on point. I had a rough first two rounds which had me sitting 3rd going into last round with the resort. I was happy with this only being the second race with the new car. Third qualifier tone went off and I led the whole qualifier and had the only 17 lap run going. I backed off towards the end of the qualifier to make sure I didn't make a mistake and still took the TQ spot for the main over TLR's JP Richard.

 Main time came and I was really confident in my car and my driving. Tone went off and it was over. I led wire to wire putting the entire field at least one or more laps down!! This felt like a big race win for not running the new car but 2 races and this only being my second year of racing 1/10 scale cars. Second place was Nick Richards and Dylan Gerard in third.

 Mod ST qualifying went off perfect! My TLR 22T 2.0 was on point all day and my Spektrum radio equipment was amazing with blistering lap times. I went onto TQ all three rounds of qualifying with the only 16 lap run.

 Main time came and was really pleased with how the truck and I performed all day. The tone went off and I checked out just like the 2wd buggy main bringing home the win!! All three trucks on the podium were the TLR 22T 2.0!! Second place was Josh McDonald and third was Jeff Sumner.

Thanks again for all the support and kind words from everyone!!

Tyler Jones